Friday, June 20, 2008

Locks for Love

After an off handed remark from her dad about cutting her hair short so she wouldn't cry every time she combed it, knowing that her cousin Jagen survived doing it, lots of thought, and a few tears....McKenna decided to cut off 10 inches of her gorgeous hair for Locks of Love! She cried the night before, but when it came down to doing it, neither mom nor Kenna shed a tear as Trudie made the first (or last) cut. We are very proud of her and think she looks as cute as ever! Jessica was going to do it too, but after she saw Kenna's, she was having second thoughts! Someone, (probably Bud) called her chicken so she decided to go for it too! They both look great and we are proud of Jessica too!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Love it Kenna! You look so grown up! I bet it grows back really fast and you will love it short for the hot summer!

Sheri said...

You girls are the best! You look so cute with your short hair and I know someone will be sooo appreciative of your sacrifice for them.

Cricket said...

Wow...what a wonderful gift. You girls are very sweet to give such a special part of yourself to someone else.

I always knew you were both very special, but now I just have one more reason to believe it.

And you both look beautiful with short hair.

Big hugs,
Cricket

Anonymous said...

ha i am so proud of you guys. now you guys look just like me. hope you guys like it. lets plan how to do are hair. love you guys

love jagen

Kendra said...

Love it! You girlies look so cute! Love the facelift and all the cool widget! Can't wait to have fun with you guys!!

Grandma Joan said...

I love it!!!! I think Jessica looks alot older.... Maybe that's not good. You will love it short at Disneyland...Have fun!!!

Jenn said...

Alright if all of you cute girls can do that then I want to do it too! I have always wanted to but haven't been able to grow my hair long enough....I'm trying though! I am very impressed with both of you. I am sure some little girl will just love your beautiful blonde hair. And you both look way cute with short hair!

Julie said...

Hey Jessica, when I made my first comment only Kenna had it done! I love your hair like that! You look much older though, so you better grow it back out so you don't look like a teenager!!! Very cute! Have fun in Disneyland!