Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Mountain is on FIRE!






We noticed the smoke around noon, on Monday the 25th. A teacher I work with called it in. Through out the day and night I took several pictures. It burned for two days really heavy and then just a little bit for a few more days. The smoke and the smell was awful! If I would have been at home when I first saw it, I would have thought it was either McKenna's school or the houses on the hill, but we had a clear view from the front of the school. Most of the pictures are from Summit Academy, but the others are from my front yard. Now our hill is all black & UGLY!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Mike sent us some pics as well. They got evacuated! Amy called her dad and said "Dad, we have to evacuate." Funny. Glad it is out!

Kendra said...

Wow! After that fire that went through Los Alamos I have a new appreciation for this. Really scary. Where are the first day of school pictures?

Aaron and Kathy said...

That is sure too bad. I would like to some after pictures. I hadn't heard about the fire. Were any homes or structures burned or damaged? To bad you weren't getting all the rain we seem to be getting that day.

Kendra said...

wow i would be scared. i hope you gyes are alright

love jagen